Pregnant with twins, pop star Beyonce has pulled out of Coachella 2017.
On Thursday, Beyonce’s Parkwood Entertainment as well as Goldenvoice (who puts on the festival) said she had to pull out on doctor’s orders. She will instead perform in 2018.
“Following the advice of her doctors to keep a less rigorous schedule in the coming months, Beyonce has made the decision to forgo performing at the 2017 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival,” the statement said. “However, Goldenvoice and Parkwood are pleased to confirm that she will be a headliner at the 2018 festival. Thank you for your understanding.”
On February 28, Billboard reported Lady Gaga will take Beyonce’s place, per a source. Lady Gaga later confirmed the news. The other headliners for the two-weekend festival taking place this April are Radiohead and Kendrick Lamar. As we noted previously, Beyonce would have been the first African-American female to ever headline the Indio, California festival. Lady Gaga will be the first female headliner since Bjork in 2007.
Want to see Lady Gaga in Los Angeles but without braving the dusty weather and flower crowns at Coachella? No problem — she performs at The Forum on August 8, August 9, and December 18.